OPSC Group-C Written Test Syllabus & Examination Pattern
| Essay -|
English with 350 Words
Odia with 350 Words
|Test of Reasoning & General Aptitude||100|
| Computer Application -|
Skill Test in Computer (Practical)
Total - 600 Marks
OPSC Assistant Section Officer (State Secretariat) Written Test Syllabus & Group-C Question Papers - 800 Posts
Syllabus of Various Sections :-
1. English - Verb, Preposition, Adverb, Subject Verb Agreement, Error Correction/Recognition, Tense, Sentence Rearrangement, Fill in the blanks with article, Comprehension, Answering Questions based on Unseen passage, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
2. Mathematics - Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration (2D & 3D), Statistics & Probability.
3. Essay - There will be two essays, one each in English & Odia.
4. General Awareness - Current Affairs (National & International), Major Financial/Economical News, Budget & Five Year Plan, Who's Who, Sports, Books & Author, Awards & Honours, General Science, Abbreviation, Important Days, International & National Organization, History, Geography, Civics, Culture.
5. Test of Reasoning & Verbal Ability -
a. Verbal - Number Series, Alphabet Series, Test of Direction Sense, Coding & Decoding, Number Ranking, Arithmetic Reasoning, Problem of age calculation, Analogy, Decision Making.
b. Non-Verbal - Non Verbal Series, Mirror images, Cubes & Dice, Grouping Identical Figures, Embedded Figures.
6. Computer Application - Computer Fundamentals, Windows (MS-Windows), MS Office (Word Processing-MS Word, Spread Sheet-MS Excel, Presentation Knowledge-MS Power Point, MS Access, Usage of Internet Services available on Internet, Communication Technology, Networking Concepts.